A quick recipe which will make your guests very happy
Last weekend friends from Vienna came to visit us. During the day we wanted to show them around Zurich and since it was a very hot summer day also go for a swim at the lake. You don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen when you have guests staying over, so I thought a pasta dish would be quick, but well-liked by everyone. And I was right 🙂
The chanterelles season has just started. I love chanterelles! They perfectly match with fried bacon, cherry tomatoes and lot’s of parsley and together with some Spaghetti, it makes the perfect summer dish and after all does not take a lot of time to prepare. To clean the chanterelles is a bit of a tedious work, but I am sure you find someone who helps you with that 😉
- 600g chanterelles
- 500g Spaghetti
- 250g cherry tomatoes (or home-made dried tomatoes)
- 2 onions
- 200g diced bacon
- 50 ml vegetable stock
- 1 bunch of parsley
- salt, pepper
- if you like, a shot of cream
Recipe for Spaghetti with chanterelles, cherry tomatoes and bacon
- Clean the chanterelles by removing the dirt with a small knife or a brush. Cut off the dry ends. Avoid to wash the chanterelles, since they would soak the liquid. If the chanterelles are unequal of size, cut the big ones in half to make sure they will be equally done later on.
- Bring salted water to boil
- Finely dice the onions, cut the tomatoes in quarters, finely chop the parsley
- Sauté the bacon, then add the onions. After 3-4 minutes you can add the chanterelles.
- Cook the spaghetti until al dente
- Just before the pasta is ready, add the tomatoes to the chanterelles, add the vegetable stock, salt and pepper and some of the chopped parsley. Mix well. If you like to have a creamy sauce, you can now add some cream. I passed on this one, because of Hubert’s milk intolerance.
- Mix the spaghetti with the chanterelles and tomatoes
- Place the rest of the parsley on top of each plate