The main dish of our Farmy menu was fantastic, as was the whole night! It was so much fun to cook altogether (instead of me cooking alone for a bunch of guests), that we almost forgot that at some point we actually wanted to eat something;-) Having started the night with a light starter (Beetroot carpaccio with veal tartar) the menu continued healthy with four beautiful rainbow trouts! The clue of the dish was that the trouts were cooked with lemon and bacon, which gave them a fresh and rustic aroma at the same time. As a side dish we prepared potatoes with parsley and a shallot butter. Plates were empty afterwards!
All products were 100% organic and ordered at Farmy, my favourite “online”-farm, so to speak;-)
Pure nature and grown in the beautiful “Blausee” of the Bernese Oberland. The water is rich in minerals and the quality extraordinary. This was definitely reflected in the taste!
Rohess Speck (Bacon)
Was particularly aromatic! The bacon comes from the Berchthold butchery in Rotkreuz of Canton Zug. They are one of the few remaining butcheries, who slaughter the animals themselves which exclusively come from nearby farms.
- 120g shallots
- 60g butter
- 4 trouts
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch of flat parsley
- 1 bunch of fresh thyme
- 8-10 slices of bacon
- 800g potatoes
- Preheat the oven at 220°C.
- Peel the potatoes and put them into a pot with water.
- Finely dice the shallots and gently glaze them for 5 minutes until golden. Keep warm.
- Wash and dry the trouts and make 3-4 small cuts on each side. Season with salt and pepper and put them on a tray with baking paper.
- Thinly slice the lemon.
- Fill the trouts with 2 branches of parsley, 1 branch of thyme and 2-3 lemon slices.
- Cover the trout with the remaining thyme and put the bacon on top. Spread the remaining slices of lemon over the tray.
- Bring potatoes to boil.
- Put the trout in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes at 220°C.
- Chop some parsley and add it to the potatoes when they are done.
- Heat the butter in a small pot and add the glazed shallots.
- Serve the trout with the potatoes and hot shallot butter.