After a delicious piece of smoked salmon as a starter, we continued our day 1 launch menu with a grilled loin of beef, accompanied by a spicy chimichurri sauce.
Meat consumption in Denmark is rather high and while being one of the top pig meat exporters, meat supply is immense and the variety in supermarkets superb.
So there it was, a nice 900 gr loin of beef! The preparation is really easy, you just need an oven or a grill and most of the work is already done:-) Since our day 1 menu was supposed to be a BBQ menu, we put the meat on the grill. Better to say Timo and Hubert took care of that!
A spicy Argentinan chimichurri sauce goes perfectly well with the beef and even better, this dish is completely milk-free, in case you have a milk or lactose intolerance. You can prepare the chimichurri a few hours before the BBQ, the taste will be even more intense. So let´s get started:
Recipe for grilled loin of beef with chimichurri
For the beef:
- 1 loin of beef, ca. 1 kg
- 1 tsp flaked salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the chimichurri:
- 1 big bunch of parsley
- 2 chopped shallots
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 fresh chili
- 120 ml olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper
You also need:
- One meat thermometer
1. Finely chop the parsley, shallots, garlic, chili (we prefer not to blend it with the mixer, to keep a heterogen texture).
2. Add the oil, vinegar and lime juice
3. Season it with salt and pepper
4. Put aside
5. Prepare the grill for direct heat (on the gas grill, we grilled it with 200-220 °C)
6. Marinate the meat with salt flakes and pepper shortly before putting in on the grill
7. Grill the meat until the preferred cooking stage. We measured the temperature with a meat thermoter and put the meat off the grill when it reached 60°C, in order to have a medium result
8. Wrap the meat with some alu foil and let it rest for 5-7 mins
9. Slice the meat and serve it with the chimichurri sauce. Make sure you slice it against the grain (as you can see from the pictures, we cut it wrongly, fortunately the meat was still tender but it could be that if you don´t cut the fibres, the meat will be difficult to chew, which would be a real shame!)
Enjoy and stay tuned for the grilled beetroot salad with goat cheese, which is another highlight of our BBQ menu!