A dairy-free delicacy – not only for kids!
Before raving about these great banana pancakes, I have to tell you about the book where I found them. “If I were your wife – or how to make everyday taste like saturday” is not only fun to read, but due to its creative photography also nice-to-look at cooking book. It’s written by swedish copywriter Lotta Lundgren and contains 66 recipes… my “to-cook” list just got 65 points longer (because I already tried the banana pancakes). Read more about it on our “book shelf“.
But back to the banana pancakes. Once again a great recipe I brought back from our trip to Sweden where we made twice the amount and they were gone in minutes… What makes them not only yummy but also dairy-free is the coconut milk, which is replacing the milk. And if you’re not the biggest fan of bananas, no worries, you can simply leave them away or replace them by other fruits. I’m sure they would be equally delicious with pineapple or mango… but maybe you also just try the banana version and get converted to a friend of bananas 😉
My kids love pancakes in every shape or form – especially for breakfast. It’s a nice start of a day on weekend mornings – the kids can help and whisk the batter, slice the bananas. The kitchen smells of pancake and freshly brewed coffee… and each of us can finish their personal pancakes with a range of toppings…. in this case roasted nuts, honey, maple syrup or greek yoghurt.
Recipe for banana pancakes with coconut milk
Serves 4 (in theory…)
- 1 egg
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 150 flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 bananas
- butter for frying (alternatively oil for the dairy free version)
- toppings of your choice: roasted sesame seeds, cashew nuts, honey, maple syrup, greek yoghurt, finely cubed pineapple or mango, ice cream, …
- Whisk together egg, coconut milk, flour, sugar and salt.
- Slice the bananas and add them to the batter.
- Heat a little butter in a frying pan and fry small pancakes.
- Keep pancakes warm in the oven at 150°C while you fry up the rest of the batter.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.
Have a nice sunday!